July 28, 2006
True Fiction That Happens To Also Be Strange
Here is a collection of quick thoughts that really don't deserve their own post. You could argue that they don't really even deserve this one. Look, a three-headed monkey.



I once saw an old woman at the mall. She was colorblind. How do I know? She was wearing a green dress. The rest of her outfit was perfectly color coordinated to match. Jewelry, purse, even panty hose were a complimentary shade of green. Except her shoes. Her shoes were pink. A pink some might even describe as being hot. I can only imagine her husband at home sitting in his recliner still snickering.



I own a house near a school. It's close enough that some day I expect to have this conversation with my son.

"Why do I have to walk to school?"

"Because it's not even a block away."

"But what if it's snowing?"

"Then you can honestly say to our kids 'Quit complaining. When I was your age I had to walk to school through the snow.'"

"Did you have to walk to school?"

"No, I took the bus. I'm not a savage."



I once saw a blind man accidentally hit a man in a wheelchair in the head with his cane. To make matter worse, the man in the wheelchair was deaf. The blind man genuinely sorry tried to apologize while the deaf man offered him some sign language everyone can understand. This when on for a while until both realized nothing was being accomplished. As he turned to leave the blind man started waving his cane and struck the deaf man. Again. In the head. It's not nice to laugh at the handicapped but sometimes you can't help it.

cravipat escaped the blue labyrinth long enough to write this.

3 adventurers found their way to the golden castle.

Words uncovered in the catacombs :