April 25, 2006
Brain Drain
Let me make this quick, since apparently my brain may slip into a coma any second now.

If you haven't quite figured it out from the layout around here, I enjoy video games. I have for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately I've come to the realization that the growing pile of games I've yet to finish, or even start in some cases, isn't a coincidence. I no longer have the same amount of free time. Games that claim hundreds of hours of game play now take months to finish instead of the weeks my younger self would devote.

What does this self-pitying tale have to do with my dying brain? I'm getting to that. You see I've been focusing on playing games that are more manageable in bite sized chunks, such as the Nintendo DS's Brain Age.

I wouldn't call Brain Age a game in the normal sense, unless your idea of fun is math problems. A floating polygonal doctor head guides you through some fast paced mental exercises and then diagnoses how old your brain is based on your results. The truth is I'm mainly after the 100 levels of sudoku, but I figured it might give the old noggin a workout. So what was the doc's good word? My brain age is 80 years old.

I'm sure you're thinking that's pretty bad but it could be worse. Let me assure you that it can't. 80 years old is the highest age you can get, which does explain why I've been feeling the urge to yell at kids to get off my lawn. Whippersnappers.

cravipat escaped the blue labyrinth long enough to write this.

2 adventurers found their way to the golden castle.

Words uncovered in the catacombs :